[ic] need help with shipping fee?

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 8 11:08:01 2002

> I try to use shipping but I have no idea how to go on. Can any of you
> please, point me to the rihgt way.
> I use interchange_4.8.5 with mysql and foundation cat.
>
> How to use weight for shipping like
> 1kg -5kg  cost   4 EURO
> 5kg-10kg           8 EURO and so on.
>
> Read the doc  "6. Shipping"
> can't find the variable MV_SHIPPING.
>
> I can't use UPS in Europe so I guess I have to change the shipping.asc. :)
> How to I have to change the catalog.cfg or variabel.txt ?
>
> Is it possible  to change the foundation checkout page ?
> Is there a sample checkout page ?
>
> TIA
>
> Ron

You can do all of these Ron. The best way for you to get a start on your
shipping problem is to do it throuh UI. I believe it is under...
Administration => shipping.

There you will choose what countries are what price, and how to calculate
the total. You will want "Standard shipping by weight". "Click on New
Method" and try it out.

There is also the default shipping mode in Administration => Preferences =>
shipping, which would be the default shipmode presented.

The checkout page is basically html, and it is in pages/ord/checkout.html

HTH

Paul