[ic] How to edit existing/placed Orders ? (For ex. Add and Delete Items)

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 8 11:15:01 2002

> Moin Moin List,
>
> We need the Feature to edit existing Orders.
> Especially add or delete Items, after the Customer placed the Order.
>
> The Workaround to manual place another Order for the Customer
> through the Admin UI is not aceptable for the Workflow (delivery
> notes, invoice etc.)
>
> Has anybody customized the Admin Pages to do this ? Or is
> working on this Feature.
>
> What do you think has to be regarded when implementing this
> Feature (DB-Tables, Workflow, ...) ?
>
> How do your Customers manage this Problem ?
>
> Any Hints?
>
> Bye Alexander

To a certain extent you can do this, however, I am not sure if the $$ will
automatically be adjusted.

You can delete line items from an order by editing the orderline table in
Admin. There is a delete selected items checkbox.

And order will have associated entries in orderline like

100-1
100-2
100-3
101-1
102-1
102-2

Order number 100, was a purchase of three items. You would edit the customer
info the same way by editing the transactions table in Admin.
Administration => tables

Of course this is not a very good work around, but it may spark your
imagination, or at least hold you until you work somehting better out.

Paul