[ic] UPS shipping

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 8 19:31:00 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Nick Spitzer wrote:

NS>>What's everyone doing for UPS shipping tables? Is there an up-to-date
NS>>place where you can pull them off of UPS's website? Or are the default
NS>>tables that come with interchange near-correct?

I take the lazy way out.

UPS, FedEx and the Post Office all increment their price approcimately the
same amount across the board.

I've got some old tables, I add a certain percentage to the price that gets
pulled on lookup and charge that to the customer. I call it 'shipping and
handling' so if the charge isn't exact, it's no big thing. I try to also add
in $1.00-200 to cover the cost of the boxes and tape. It all comes out about
right and nobody is complaining. I am pretty much breaking even when it's
all done.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Monday, July 08, 2002 at 19:20 PM:
Mothers are the necessity of invention -- Calvin

This Linux System has been up 59 hours