[ic] Best Interchange alternative

Chris Chaney interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 8 21:07:01 2002

I use a shared hosting situation and am running Interchange.  I'm not
going to get into how I got it working (too long) but its basicly the
same.  I use iserver (www.iserver.com) which is now viaverio.  You have
to use their wrappers for example cpan use vcpan and you have to add
your full directory path to you install directories.  As well as add
full prefixes, install paths, etc... (using make, configure) to any
package installations you do for the packages the store requres.  For
sendmail use the full path as well as the virtual command.  It was a
bitch, but am glad I am not paying for a dedicated hosting solution
which would be paying way too much.

Since they also support access to your httpd.conf and DNS I can add as
many stores on as many domains using as many e-mail addresses as I have
space for.

Check them out...if you want me to sign you up let me know.  You can get
running on this.  If you sign up under me sometime in the close future
you will start to receive discounts on hosting, I don't charge a higher
price.  If you have 5 servers being run.  It gives the discount to all 5
servers.

Chris Chaney
www.fashionfantasies.net