[ic] A different bounce problem.

Martin Abell interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 8 23:21:01 2002

Christian Gmuender (cg@simultec.ch) recently mentioned a problem with the
bounce tag on a results page:
>> [bounce href="[history-scan exclude=nothing]"]
>>
>> can lead to a lost of the session_id if the url found in
>> history-scan is not correctly urlencoded (for example
>> contains space characters at product categorys).
>>
>> This appears only if you do not allow cookies and your
>> server is behind a proxy server.
>>
>> To prevent this problem write something like:
>>
>> [seti oldhref][history-scan exclude=nothing][/seti]
>> [calc]
>>           $Scratch->{oldhref} =~ s/ /%20/g; #some
>> encoder
>>
>> return;
>> [/calc]
>> [bounce href="[scratch oldhref]"]
>>

> Might be just as easy to modify the [history-scan] tag to
> do this, which it probably should....that tag was whipped
> up in minutes for the Simple demo as an example of a catalog
> user tag. 8-)
>
> --
> Mike Heins

But I had a different problem when I ordered something using IE in Mac OS X:
"the page 'expired' could not be found".  (I anticipate this may be a
problem with other versions of IE.)  I ended up doing something like this
for the bounce in the "set munge_quantity" routine:

    [bounce href="[area href=scan
                        arg=|
                            va=catgy=[value catgy]
                            fi=products
                            st=sql
                            sf=category
                            se=[value catgy]
                            op=em
                            rf=sku
                            tf=sku
                            sp=results

                        ]"]

If anyone has other thoughts about this, I'd be interested.

Martin Abell
SecondStoreOnTheWeb