[ic] Interactive Payment Gateway

Jeff Fearn interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 8 23:37:00 2002

Hi, I am trying to setup an external payment gateway. The difference with
this gateway is that the credit card details are entered on the external
site. This means that I must pause payment processing while the customer
interacts with the external site. The external site will fully process the
credit card transaction, so once it is complete the order will be paid for.

The problem I am having is syncronising the display/pause behaviour. I have
added a new payment module, similar to the other modules - authorize.net
etc, and I can pause within this module. I also have the pages necessary to
display the external sites pages. However any page display will not occur
until after the payment module has finished.

Logic flow is:
    click process button
    goto payment module
    display external site
    handle response
    return to checkout/receipt as appropriate

However what I am getting is:
    click process button
    goto payment module
    queue external site display
    return to checkout as processing failed
    display external site

grrrrr

What I need is either a way to display the page without finishing the
process module, or to be able to validate the order without completing it,
hand off to the payment site, then return and complete the order/display the
receipt etc.

Any help is very welcome :)

I suppose I should tell you the gateways process, just in case I am _way_ of
the mark :}

  1: Call their site, include your ID, a unique reference, and the amount
  2: Customer enters CC details and clicks OK
  3: Gateway calls a script on your server to verify ref/amount
  4: Gateway process transaction
  5: Gateway calls another script on your server informing result of
transaction
  6: Gateway displays page telling customer of transaction results

I have the scripts syncronised with semaphores and a 3 minute timeout, I'd
enlarge that in production environment.

Jeff.