[ic] AuthorizeNet charging, but order not placed

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jul 9 04:22:01 2002

> [...]
>

> > Payment Routes and Order Routes are different. I believe it is
> possible to
> > pass a transaction through a Payment Route, AND have an Order
> Route die on
> > you.
> >
> > Default will send it to log => main => copy_user. Looking at
> "Route log" I
> > see there is no error_ok value. It may be default 0, which will kill the
> > rest of the route on error. Check if anything is getting added to
> > transactions or orderline VIA log_transaction. If the orders in
> > question are
> > not getting that far, I believe you may be getting an error in
> > "Route log".
> >
> > You may want to look around in your Routes possibly adding
> >
> > error_ok   1
> >
> > to "log". I am not sure of the implications, but seeing as it
> is the first
> > route, it is a good start.
> >

> > Paul
>
> Dear Paul,
>
> Sorry for the confusion, but here are my Routes defined in
> catalog.cfg.  Can
> you point out which one should be modified, and exactly how it should be
> changed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Russell Mann
>
> Route log         attach          0
> Route log         cybermode       ""
> Route log         empty           1
> Route log         encrypt         0
> Route log         increment       0
> Route log         report          etc/log_transaction
> Route log         supplant        0
> Route log         track           logs/log
>
> Route copy_user   attach          0
> Route copy_user   cybermode       ""
> Route copy_user   empty           1
> Route copy_user   encrypt         0
> Route copy_user   increment       0
> Route copy_user   report          etc/mail_receipt
> Route copy_user   supplant        0
> Route copy_user   track           logs/log
>
> #Payment route, not order route
> Route  authorizenet  id           "__AUTHNET_ID__"
> Route  authorizenet  secret       "__AUTHNET_SECRET__"
> Route  authorizenet  host         "__AUTHNET_HOST__"
> Route  authorizenet  referer      "__AUTHNET_REFERER__"
>
> #Must be last or strange behavior happens
> # Main route must be last to make default
> Route main        attach           0
> Route main        credit_card      0
> Route main        cybermode        ""
> Route main        default          1
> Route main        email            '__ORDERS_TO__'
> Route main        encrypt          0
> Route main        encrypt_program  '__ENCRYPTOR__'
> Route main        errors_to        '__ORDERS_TO__'
> Route main        increment        0
> Route main        pgp_cc_key       ""
> Route main        pgp_key          ""
> Route main        receipt          etc/receipt.html
> Route main        report           etc/report
> Route main        supplant         1
> Route main        individual_track orders
> Route main        track            logs/tracking.asc

Hi Russ. I am using 4.8.3, and my Routes (the originals) did not look like
this. I suppose you have upgraded a few times, and now you are having this
problem?

I don't want to send you on a wild goose chase, after all I am just
"thinking" it may be your routes.

Here are my original Routes from 4.8.3--------------------------

Route log  <<EOF
        empty        1
        encrypt      0
        increment    0
        report       etc/log_transaction
        supplant     0
        track        logs/log
EOF

## This route places the order entry in the database when you are
## entering an order from the admin. See above.
Route log_entry  <<EOF
        empty        1
        encrypt      0
        report       etc/log_entry
        supplant     0
        track        logs/log
EOF

ifdef TRANSACTION_TABLES
Route log       transactions '__TRANSACTION_TABLES__'
Route log_entry transactions '__TRANSACTION_TABLES__'
endif

## This route copies the user if they requested that. We don't
## care (much) if it fails, so error_ok is set and failure will
## not cause the order to fail
Route copy_user  <<EOF
        empty        1
        error_ok     1
        encrypt      0
        increment    0
        report       etc/mail_receipt
        supplant     0
        track        logs/log
EOF

ParseVariables Yes
## This route emails the order to you unless email is set to "",
## and failsafe-logs the order report a couple of places
Route main  <<EOF
        attach            0
        credit_card       1
        default           1
        email             '__ORDERS_TO__'
        encrypt           0
        errors_to         '__ORDERS_TO__'
        pgp_cc_key        "__PGP_KEY__"
        pgp_key           "__PGP_KEY__"
        receipt           etc/receipt.html
        report            etc/report
        supplant          1
        individual_track  orders
        track             logs/tracking.asc
EOF

# Order routes can be maintained in a database
# CHANGES TO THIS WILL OVERRIDE THE ROUTES ABOVE.
RouteDatabase   route

# Default route is run if no routes set, this should be last Route
# always
Route   default   master          1
Route   default   cascade         "log main copy_user"
Route   default   empty           1
Route   default   supplant        1
Route   default   email           '__ORDERS_TO__'

## Uncomment this if you want Routes read dynamically from DB
#Route   default   dynamic_routes  1
## Uncomment this if you want ITL allowed in routes
#Route   default   expandable      1

If you built your store around foundation, then you are basically using the:

Route default

setup. You can use these routes. Maybe a more seasoned guru can tell you if
the route method you are using is unstable. I don't see anything wrong with
it.

I was thinking that one of your routes was killing the logging of the order
(in IC). However your routes seem correct.

When My Order Route was messed up in (DEV), I was getting the same thing.
The order would go through but I would stay on the checkout page. Check your
"Route default" to see if there is any contamination. That route cascades
over the other routes, unless you set your own.

The fact that this is intermittent is weird. I am not qualified to
troubleshoot IC. However, whenever I hear the word intermittent, I think of
javascript. Have any weird javascript near the checkout button/page?

Do you have anymore clues? Do all troubled users not using javascript? on
AOL?

Try:
Route log         error_ok           1

>From my understanding, if it is this Route, this will let it pass on error.