[ic] Table field value as a function of other field values

G Guttero interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jul 9 17:06:01 2002

Hi guys, I'd like to set up a field in the products.txt file that is a
function of two other fields; one in the inventory.txt file and one in the
products.txt file.

I have added a new field to products.txt called "reorder_point" that is set
with a static value and I want the new field in products.txt to be called
"score" and have the value of that field be something like [value
(reorder_point - inventory)].  I know my syntax is way off but you get the
idea.  The reorder_point value would be pulled from the products.txt file
and the inventory value would be pulled from the inventory.txt file.

How can I pull this off?  Would I be better off moving the reorder_point and
score fields to the inventory.txt file so all the info is being pulled from
and set to fields in the same table?

Thank you!

- Grant