[ic] How to display adjusted options prices?

Fred Pope interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jul 9 20:01:01 2002

"Are you doing it such that you set the base price in the products
table to be 0, and the price in options table to be, eg,
"S=100, M=100, L=105" "

No, I set the base price in the price field and then adjust the price in
the using the options price i.e. in option.txt you would have L=Large in
the one Field, and L=5 in the price field.

"Do you mean adding "price=1"?"

Actually I set price=4.

Make sure you are using the textfile and not the database table.

- FP

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of Interchange
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 1:49 PM
To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Subject: Re: [ic] How to display adjusted options prices?

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 01:20, you wrote:
> "But I'm facing a strange problem now, at the Checkout page, the
> prices are not reflected correctly.  They always take the base prices
> from the products table, not the adjusted price, ie, size L should
> show $105 but instead, it's showing $100.  Any clues?"
>
> Take a look at this page and see if this is what you are looking
> for:
>
> http://store.satcomresources.com/catalog/shop/C3_5900KU.html

Yes, this is what I'm looking for...

Are you doing it such that you set the base price in the products
table to be 0, and the price in options table to be, eg,
"S=100, M=100, L=105"
?

If so, I didn't really want to do that, as I have a few more sizes
than that for each product.  Moreover, only 1 size for ALL products
needed the additional cost.

If not, I'll be very interested to know how you did it!

> Assuming you are using the right browser....you can configure your
> item with multiple options, and varying prices and see the results of
> your pricing configuration.

Yes, these worked in the select box.  But whatever I selected on the
flypage had no effect on the checkout page, ie, size L is still $100
instead of $105  :(  What else could have caused this discrepancy?

I have a feeling I need to set the item price (according to size)
into the cart somewhere, not sure whether I'm heading in the right
direction...  Using item-options seem to do it "automatically"
somewhere, but using the pricing table doesn't, so I should add some
codes somewhere.

> I did this using some javascript,
> and editing the item-options tag in the flypage, and then going

> into the admin pages and editing the forms for the simple options to
> include a price field. If the javascript does not work in your
> browser, the items will still total appropriately in the cart.

Yes, I tried that.  In my options table, my price field for each
product looked like this:

L=+5

That's why if I were to use the options table, my select box would
show "L -- $5", instead of "L -- $105"  :(