[ic] How to display adjusted options prices?

Interchange interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 10 16:45:02 2002

> "Are you doing it such that you set the base price in the products
> table to be 0, and the price in options table to be, eg,
> "S=100, M=100, L=105" "
>
> No, I set the base price in the price field and then adjust the
> price in the using the options price i.e. in option.txt you would
> have L=Large in the one Field, and L=5 in the price field.

Great, that's what I wanted....but...

> "Do you mean adding "price=1"?"
>
> Actually I set price=4.

4??  I searched the documentation, but there was no mention of
price=4.  What does that mean?  I tested, but can't see any
differences between 1 and 4.

> Make sure you are using the textfile and not the database table.

Hmm...why must it be textfile?  What is it about database table that
couldn't make it work?

Ok, now using Mike's codes, and making some modifications, the
checkout page finally displayed the adjusted price correctly  (so,
I'm using the pricing table instead of options table)  :)

Problem is, at the checkout page, I added a Size field column which
is displayed as a select box, but I just couldn't make the selected
size to be the default.  Below is the code I used for both the
flypage and the checkout page:

<SELECT NAME=mv_order_size>
[loop
        option="[modifier-name size]"
        acclist=1
        list=|
               [field column=size code='[item-code]']
             |]
<OPTION VALUE="[loop-code]"> [loop-param label] -- [price
code="[item-code]" size="[loop-code]"]
[/loop]
</SELECT>

I also tried replacing with :

<OPTION [selected [modifier-name size] [item-modifier size]]
VALUE="[loop-code]"> [loop-param label] -- [price code="[item-code]"
size="[loop-code]"]

...but none of the options are "selected".  Any ideas?