[ic] Someone must know about cross-selling

Russ Mann interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 11 14:40:02 2002

> Not looking for handholding, just a pointer to
> documentation, a HOWTO, anything.  I cannot figure out
> cross-selling behavior despite hours of trial and
> error.  The Interchange docs have no mention that I
> can find.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Brian

If by cross-selling you mean some sort of product based upselling, check out
the foundation demo.  If you populate the merchandising database with
upsell_to or cross_sell or others_bought data you can use the promo files
found in templates/components to display them per product.  On this store we
up sell in two ways:

http://store.khouse.org/store/catalog/VS022.html

On the bottom it says "Customers who bought this also bought..." and that is
generated in the Admin UI under Merchandising > Generate others who... Also,
there is the section that says "You might also like" - this is generated
from the merchandising table based on user input in the upsell_to field.

If you want to cross sell based on customer preferences or something, you'd
probably need to come up with something yourself.

-Russell Mann