[ic] PGP Failure

Russ Mann interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 11 15:04:00 2002

> Hello Russ,
>
> When we went through the whole "multiple charges with payflow" issue we
> were also experiencing intermittent problems with sendmail and pgp.
> They would fail with 3072 in pgp and sendmail would log the "unable to
> send mail" message.  After working with Orko and Mike to come up with a
> solution to the verisign problem the problems with sendmail and pgp went
> away as well.  The verisign errors were related to memory as well, but
> that wasn't what was happening.  Mike narrowed it down to a problem with
> Perl's signal handling and offered us a fix.  Please read this message
> for the details:
>
> http://interchange.redhat.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-March/018
> 636.html
>
> Thanks!
> -Ron
Dear Ron,

I made this change - thank you.  Will see if it helps.  Also, does anyone
know what the effects of using "rpc" as the traffic mode are?

One immediately noticable effect is lots of IC processes showing up!  Used
to be just one process, and an ocassional child.

10906 ?        S      0:00 interchange
10914 ?        S      0:30 interchange
10916 ?        S      0:34 interchange
10918 ?        S      0:04 interchange
10920 ?        S      0:44 interchange
10922 ?        S      1:09 interchange
10924 ?        S      0:07 interchange

Load average on the server immediately started going up, from an average of
.3 to 1.5 - it has since dropped down again, but I wonder if a traffic spike
will cause more problems like this.  (Could have been something else on the
system, but this was the most recent change.)

Thanks,

Russell