[ic] PGP Failure - Lost Order Emails - SOLVED

Russ Mann interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 17 12:41:01 2002

> > When we went through the whole "multiple charges with payflow" issue we
> > were also experiencing intermittent problems with sendmail and pgp.
> > They would fail with 3072 in pgp and sendmail would log the "unable to
> > send mail" message.  After working with Orko and Mike to come up with a
> > solution to the verisign problem the problems with sendmail and pgp went
> > away as well.  The verisign errors were related to memory as well, but
> > that wasn't what was happening.  Mike narrowed it down to a problem with
> > Perl's signal handling and offered us a fix.  Please read this message
> > for the details:
> >
> > http://interchange.redhat.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-March/018
> > 636.html
> >
> > Thanks!
> > -Ron
> Dear Ron,
>
> I made this change - thank you.  Will see if it helps.  Also, does anyone
> know what the effects of using "rpc" as the traffic mode are?
>
> One immediately noticable effect is lots of IC processes showing up!  Used
> to be just one process, and an ocassional child.
>
> 10906 ?        S      0:00 interchange
> 10914 ?        S      0:30 interchange
> 10916 ?        S      0:34 interchange
> 10918 ?        S      0:04 interchange
> 10920 ?        S      0:44 interchange
> 10922 ?        S      1:09 interchange
> 10924 ?        S      0:07 interchange

It has been almost a week and I have had no problems since making this
change.  Thank you Ron for your help on this.  I changed the
/etc/interchange.cfg to rpc mode, and had to change my catalog.cfg to have
an rpc entry for loading template files.

-Russell