[ic] Someone must know about cross-selling

Russ Mann interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 11 15:58:01 2002

> Thanks Russ.  I'll give the tables a shot.  I had
> previously been working with the Admin interface only
> and getting unusual behavior.
>
> Did you work with any documentation or just trial and
> error?
>
> BTW, nice site.  I think I found a couple of presents
> for my fiancee.  =)
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Brian

Dear Brian,

The Admin interface allows you to populate the merchandising table by
clicking on Up Sell or Cross Sell in the Items section.  I used a custom
perl script to import data to get it started, because I already had a
"related products" field in my previous database.  If you have the
foundation demo store, pick through these files to find all the parts:

pages/flypage.html <-- product display page (sets variables to dictate which
components go where, and tells which template(s) are used.
templates/components/promo* <-- code to access merchandising data and build
links to products
templates/regions/* <-- main templates that control the placement of
components.

-Russell