[ic] IC 4.8.5 under FreeBSD 4.6 and 4.5 and trouble with genconfig and version.tag

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 11 17:43:00 2002

Hi List,

Sascha Klauder and I notice a misbavior with IC 4.8.5, which is running
under FreeBSD 4.5 and 4.6.

Sascha and I get a perl core dump file, if we logged in as an
administrator and clicked the button "Administration". Sascha has tried
out, that this happen, if a function getpwuid from the usertag
version.tag is called. If we comment the line like

#               push @out, scalar getpwuid($>) . " (uid $>)";

in the usertag version.tag, it works well.

I've an older FreeBSD machine with version 4.4 with the same perl
Verions 5.6.1_6 and IC Version 4.8.5. The page "genconfig" works well with

                push @out, scalar getpwuid($>) . " (uid $>)";

Any idea, why we get the trouble with FreeBSD 4.5/4.6 and IC 4.8.5, if
we are calling the page genconfig in UI?

Please, all FreeBSD and IC users should tell me any kind of trouble and
experience with IC running under FreeBSD, because I will arrange to meet
Racke. I want support IC to run IC very well under FreeBSD. I can not
promise! But I know some person, who has a  good relationship to the
members of the FreeBSD core team and my brother itself is a commiter of
the FreeBSD ports system.

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]