[ic] IC 4.8.5 under FreeBSD 4.6 and 4.5 and trouble with genconfig and version.tag

Thu Jul 11 18:07:01 2002

Quoting Joachim Leidinger (jojo@blackpoint.de):
> Hi List,
>
> Sascha Klauder and I notice a misbavior with IC 4.8.5, which is running
> under FreeBSD 4.5 and 4.6.
>
> Sascha and I get a perl core dump file, if we logged in as an
> administrator and clicked the button "Administration". Sascha has tried
> out, that this happen, if a function getpwuid from the usertag
> version.tag is called. If we comment the line like
>
> #               push @out, scalar getpwuid($>) . " (uid $>)";
>
> in the usertag version.tag, it works well.
>
> I've an older FreeBSD machine with version 4.4 with the same perl
> Verions 5.6.1_6 and IC Version 4.8.5. The page "genconfig" works well with
>
>                 push @out, scalar getpwuid($>) . " (uid $>)";
>
> Any idea, why we get the trouble with FreeBSD 4.5/4.6 and IC 4.8.5, if
> we are calling the page genconfig in UI?

Remember the FAQ:

    Any time there is a core dump it is a Perl or module or external
    program problem, not an Interchange problem.

Interchange cannot dump core, it has no compiled code.

Did you rebuild and test your Perl? Perl has historically had many,
many, problems on BSD, which is why I never recommend it.

--

Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://perusion.com
phone +1.513.523.7621 <mike@perusion.com>

My wife is great.  She doesn't care where I go, just as long as I don't
have any fun.  -- Lee Trevino