[ic] IC 4.8.5 under FreeBSD 4.6 and 4.5 and trouble with genconfig and version.tag

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 11 18:57:13 2002

Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Joachim Leidinger (jojo@blackpoint.de):
>
>>Hi List,
>>
>>Sascha Klauder and I notice a misbavior with IC 4.8.5, which is running
>>under FreeBSD 4.5 and 4.6.
>>
>>Sascha and I get a perl core dump file, if we logged in as an
>>administrator and clicked the button "Administration". Sascha has tried
>>out, that this happen, if a function getpwuid from the usertag
>>version.tag is called. If we comment the line like
>>
>>#               push @out, scalar getpwuid($>) . " (uid $>)";
>>
>>in the usertag version.tag, it works well.
>>
>>I've an older FreeBSD machine with version 4.4 with the same perl
>>Verions 5.6.1_6 and IC Version 4.8.5. The page "genconfig" works well with
>>
>>                push @out, scalar getpwuid($>) . " (uid $>)";
>>
>>Any idea, why we get the trouble with FreeBSD 4.5/4.6 and IC 4.8.5, if
>>we are calling the page genconfig in UI?
>

> Remember the FAQ:
>
>     Any time there is a core dump it is a Perl or module or external
>     program problem, not an Interchange problem.
>
> Interchange cannot dump core, it has no compiled code.

OK, but...

> Did you rebuild and test your Perl? Perl has historically had many,
> many, problems on BSD, which is why I never recommend it.

but, why is IC 4.8.5 running well with FreeBSd 4.4 and Perl Verision
5.6.1_6 and not with the same perl version on FreeBSD 4.5 and 4.6?

How can I test my Perl?

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]