[ic] (no subject)

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Jul 13 16:12:01 2002

> Hello,
>
> Rather than displaying data in a [query sql], how can I create a dropdown
> menu that will contain information in one column of a table?
>
> Thanks much.
> Jim.
>
> www.sexylittledevils.com

You can display a drop down using a [query sql] type dang deal thing.

use on-match to create a <select> and use

[list]

<option....more stuff here>

[/list]

and close it with an on-match </select>
[/query]

I use this often. There are other ways, but you implied sql, which is
probably better, and more extensible.

Try it out, and let me know if you need futher help

Paul

PS, here is on of mine:

   [query
        ml=30
        type=list
        sp="@@MV_PAGE@@"
        sql=|
            SELECT  boxname
            FROM    mb_boxlist
            WHERE   username = '[data session username]'
            AND     boxname != 'main'
            ORDER BY boxname
        |]
     <SELECT NAME=d_box style="margin-left: 8; font-family: arial;
font-size: 12px;">
	      [list]
	      <OPTION VALUE="[sql-param boxname]">[sql-param boxname]
 	      [/list]
	      </SELECT>
          [/query]<br><br>