[ic] [shipping]

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jul 14 23:04:01 2002

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Steve Graham wrote:

SG>>I suppose I can, but I was trying to make as few changes to the foundation
SG>>(4.8.5) structure as possible, and currently everytime [shipping] is called
SG>>it fetches the results directly from UPS -- it should only call UPS once, or
SG>>twice then pull the values from the session variables.
SG>>
SG>>Is there a way for [shipping] to check the local tables if a value comes
SG>>back zero from UPS?

Typically, the changes from UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc change only once a year.
Consequently, the rate that you picked up at UPS last month is the same as
it is today.

I'm using rate tables from about 3 years ago for all 3. In shipping.asc I
simply add on a percentage that equals their rate increases. They all raise
their rates a certain percentage each year over the last years rates. I
simply add it on.

I also add on $2.00 to cover the cost of boxes, tape, etc. The whole thng is
called 'shipping and handling'

I don't see a reason for calling UPS.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Sunday, July 14, 2002 at 22:50 PM:
I still miss my ex-wife.....BUT, My aim is improving!

This Linux System has been up 122 hours