[ic] IC 4.8.5 on YDL 2.2, continued problems...

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 15 13:32:01 2002

At 09:12 AM 07/15/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>On 7/14/02 12:34, "Ed LaFrance" <edl@newmediaems.com> wrote:

> catalog and

> ExecCGI

> option

> find the

> server.

> >> And yes, the perms on /home/httpd/cgi-bin/geminicat.cgi (this is the REAL
> >> path to CGIs on this server) are indeed 755:
> >>
> >> [root@wizdev wizards]# ls -l /home/httpd/cgi-bin/geminicat.cgi
> >> -rwsr-xr-x    1 alex     alex         8376 Jul 14 09:12
> >> /home/httpd/cgi-bin/geminicat.cgi
> >
> > Well then I think that the scriptalias for the domain under which you are
> > setting this up should point to /home/httpd/cgi-bin - do you have that
> > configured in httpd.conf? I don't see where your Directory entry above is
> > going to come into play here.
> >
> > Perhaps you should start with the basics - get a little 'Hello world' cgi
> > script working under your httpd setup; there is a simple script that comes
> > with the Interchange dist called testcgi which should do. When you can get
> > that working, the interchange catalog should not be far behind.
> >
> > - Ed L.
>
>OK, so I decided to do some looking at the FAQ pages and came across some
>interesting results. In the FAQ where it talks about configuration problems
>and making sure scripts execute with suid and so on, there is mention of
>cgi-bin/simple as an example. So I go to the server and look for that
>script. I do NOT find it where I am supposed to, it is only in the
>foundation/templates from the tar-ball! Should this have been installed with
>the rest of the pages, and might there be some more files that did not get
>installed?

Simple was the old (suggested) link file name for the old Minivend simple
store demo. You can just reinterpret 'simple' in the docs to be 'your cgi
link filename'.

>What about /etc/socket? (Does not exist on my YDL machine.)

Should be created in VENDROOT/etc when the IC server starts up successfully.

>Are you available for consultation? (I cannot pay you...)

Sorry, but answering questions on this list, and making whatever
contributions in can to the core dev effort, is the extent of my
volunteered services.

- Ed L.