[ic] IC 4.8.5 under FreeBSD 4.6 and 4.5 and trouble with genconfig and version.tag

Richard Mahoney interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 11 19:58:13 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 06:07:46PM -0400, Mike Heins wrote:

> Quoting Joachim Leidinger (jojo@blackpoint.de):
> > Hi List,
> >
> > Sascha Klauder and I notice a misbavior with IC 4.8.5, which is running
> > under FreeBSD 4.5 and 4.6.
> >
> > Sascha and I get a perl core dump file, if we logged in as an
> > administrator and clicked the button "Administration". Sascha has tried
> > out, that this happen, if a function getpwuid from the usertag
> > version.tag is called. If we comment the line like
> >
> > #               push @out, scalar getpwuid($>) . " (uid $>)";
> >
> > in the usertag version.tag, it works well.
> >
> > I've an older FreeBSD machine with version 4.4 with the same perl
> > Verions 5.6.1_6 and IC Version 4.8.5. The page "genconfig" works well with
> >
> >                 push @out, scalar getpwuid($>) . " (uid $>)";
> >
> > Any idea, why we get the trouble with FreeBSD 4.5/4.6 and IC 4.8.5, if
> > we are calling the page genconfig in UI?
>
> Remember the FAQ:
>
>     Any time there is a core dump it is a Perl or module or external
>     program problem, not an Interchange problem.

Dear Sascha & co.. Thank heavens I subscribed to this list! I have
only just installed Interchange on FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE and have been
concerned with just this problem. I encounter it with the Foundation
demo running perl version 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd.

If you find a fix for perl or can make any further suggestions can you
please post them to the list?

Many regards,

 Richard Mahoney

--
78 Jeffreys Road                        telephone:+64-3-351-5831