[ic] UI_ITEM_FIELDS in variable.txt and IC 4.8.5

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jul 16 04:17:04 2002

> >>is UI_ITEM_FIELDS no longer working with item_edit.html?
> >>If yes, why?
> >

> > This is now handled by the mv_metadata table. To set your fields, as an
> > admin user go to edit an item and then click on the 'item
> editor' link just
> > to the right of the little duck icon.
> >
> > Now have a look at the 'Fields to edit' section. You can then set your
> > fields, create section breaks with blank lines, and named section breaks
> > with '=My New section' type lines.
> >
> > Have fun!
>
> Thank you!
> How would that line looks in mv_metadata table? I would prefer to insert
>   the needed line into the mv_metadata table directly.

have a look in the mv_metadata.asc file. The record starts with 'products'.
Each line in the 'options' field (as displayed in the ui) is separated by a
\r character.

imho it would be far easier to edit it in the ui though..

Jonathan
Webmaint.