[ic] LDAP authentification

Wed Jul 17 14:51:02 2002

Quoting Sid Martin (swmartin@link.com):
> Is there a way to use LDAP to set user name and passwd so we will not be
> required to maintain two seperate DB's for this purpose???
>
> userbd Tag????
> [userdb database="LDAP DB" ?????

It is a bit complicated to set up LDAP, but if you have an LDAP database
setup you can use it for the database for the default UserDB profile.
Then if you have fields you want to store locally, you can set them
in with:

UserDB default outboard <<EOO
    userdb:address1
    userdb:address2
EOO

This would be complicated, but can be done for I have done it. If you
are not an LDAP and IC expert, you might consider engaging a competent
consultant to help you, for I doubt that many people on the list have
experience with it.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown