[ic] LDAP authentification

Sid Martin interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 17 15:13:00 2002

Mike Heins wrote:

> Quoting Sid Martin (swmartin@link.com):
> > Is there a way to use LDAP to set user name and passwd so we will not be
> > required to maintain two seperate DB's for this purpose???
> >
> > userbd Tag????
> > [userdb database="LDAP DB" ?????
> >

> It is a bit complicated to set up LDAP, but if you have an LDAP database
> setup you can use it for the database for the default UserDB profile.
> Then if you have fields you want to store locally, you can set them
> in with:
>
> UserDB default outboard <<EOO
>     userdb:address1
>     userdb:address2
> EOO
>
> This would be complicated, but can be done for I have done it. If you
> are not an LDAP and IC expert, you might consider engaging a competent
> consultant to help you, for I doubt that many people on the list have
> experience with it.
>
> --
> Mike Heins
> Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
> phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>
>
> Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown

Thanks for the response....

In the program login.html the process to login a user is .....

<FORM ACTION="[process secure=1]" METHOD=POST>
     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo  VALUE=return>
     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_click VALUE=Login>
     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_failpage VALUE="login">
     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_successpage VALUE="[either][scratchd
mv_successpage][or]customerservice[/either]">
     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE="index">
     <input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">

I want the mv_click to validate against our LDAP database on another system
I will then set values in the account file based on information found in our
ldap program(this code will be added in index.html)

How do I have "process secure=1" access my LDAP file instead of the current
file used?

Where is "process" in the above "process secure=1" ????????

Any help would be greatly appreciated....