[ic] Unknown charge type (reposted with more info...)

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 18 06:51:01 2002

> To review, we are debugging a new payment module for the ECHO payment
> system.
>
> I've determined that the my first problem was that my GlobalSub was in
> eg/globalsub/openecho, while I was trying to include globalsub/openecho in
> interchange.cfg.  I created the globalsub directory at the same level as eg
> and moved the openecho file into it.  At that point, IC started complaining
> about my GlobalSub itself.
>
> In the error.log for IC, we see this error (line 326 is the first line of
> the excerpt below):
> - - - [18/July/2002:01:45:00 -0700] - - Bad GlobalSub 'openecho'
> > In line 326 of the configuration file 'globalsub/openecho':
> > GlobalSub <<EOS
> >

> I know someone must know the answer.  I just hope you share it with little
> ol' me.

I would suggest that you create a Payment module, rather than a
GlobalSub.  The conversion will be easy enough.  Take a look at
the other modules in Interchange's lib/Vend/Payment directory.

Once you've done that, the support for your OpenEcho processor should
be as easy to configure as any of the other payment processors.

> Here's the whole GlobalSub:
>
> <EXCERPT FROM="globalsub/openecho">

I assume you have a line that includes the GlobalSub file into your
interchange.cfg file.