[ic] How to debug: Error during creation of order routing log

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 18 10:23:18 2002

> How can I debug this "Error during creation of order routing log"
> problem?
>
> Received this error from error.log, generated at the Checkout page
> when I click on "Place Order":
>
> Error during creation of order routing log:
> Route log failed. at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Order.pm line
> 1575.
>
> I've also checked through the other 3 files under /logs (usertrack,
> tracking, log), but nothing is telling me what's wrong with my
> log_transaction file.  Previously the whole Checkout procedures
> worked, then I made the big mistake of modifying the log_transaction
> file, as well as the database (ie, add more varchar, add fields,
> etc), that when I retest again, it's not working  :(  There's no way
> I can remember all the changes I've made  :P  Are there other logs I
> can look at, etc?  How can I go about debugging?

You will have to manually check through your log_transaction file
to make sure there are no typos in there.  If you are using the
[import] tag then check each of the lines for typos and to ensure
that all of the "NOT NULL" columns have values.  None of the log
files will help you with this.

If you really can't get it working then you can either (1) restore
your backup of the working log_transaction file and database schema,
and start again, or (2) hire a competent consultant to check
everything for you and to get it all working.