[ic] IC fails to remove the sequence test-table when creating multiple tables with a serial-column

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 18 10:48:01 2002

René Hertell wrote:
> I just noticed that IC fails when creating multiple tables with a serial
> column. It seems that ic can't delete the ic_test_create_code_seq sequence
> table, and therefore it can't continue.. Could someone give me a hint what I
> should change in the DBI.pm module so that this would not happen.
>

> I'm using Postgres that ships with RH 7.2.
>

> I get this error when restarting:
>
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence
> 'ic_test_create_code_seq' for SERIAL column 'ic_test_create.code'
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> 'ic_test_create_pkey' for table 'ic_test_create'
> unable to create test table:
> create table press (
> code SERIAL NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
> date text,
> subject text,
> content text,
> frontpage text,
> date text
> )
>

> Error: ERROR:  Relation 'ic_test_create_code_seq' already exists
> table 'press' failed: No database object for table: press

Did that not means, that you have to delete the tables before the table
is creating by IC?

> Probable mismatch of Database directive to database type,
> for example calling DBI without proper modules or database
> access.
>

> This output is in the catalogs error_log:
>
> - - - [18/July/2002:17:23:11 +0300] - - unable to create test table:
>
>>create table press (
>>code SERIAL NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
>>date text,
>>subject text,
>>content text,
>>frontpage text,
>>date text
>>)
>>

>>Error: ERROR:  Relation 'ic_test_create_code_seq' already exists
>
> - - - [18/July/2002:17:23:11 +0300] - - table 'press' failed: No database
> object for table: press
>
>>Probable mismatch of Database directive to database type,
>>for example calling DBI without proper modules or database
>>access.

If tables exist, why did you or IC try to create the tables once more?

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]