[ic] Different Prices For Differnet Customers

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 22 12:42:02 2002

> I'm new to Interchange and have a question regarding different prices for
> different customers.  I'm trying to develop a B2B solution for a
> wholesaler
> and they charge customers differently for the same products.  All the
> information is identical except price.  Is there any way to do this with
> just one catalog, or do I have set up different catalogs for each 'price
> bucket'?

No, this can be done with one catalog. You can use Interchange's powerful
pricing features and CommonAdjust to deliver your prices. You will need to
write a usertag to add to your CommonAdjust directive for this.

I have done such a thing for a B2B site with layered pricing:

  * Customer-specific item pricing if present, or
  * Price-band pricing (A, B, C) according to customer's discount structure,
or
  * Fall back to published price.

all with quantity price breaks, and the results page changed the colour of
the price if it was a special discount.

There are a couple of examples of a usertag for this in the mail archives.

> I'm using Interchange 4.8.3 on Redhat Linux 7.1 and the database type is
> GDBM.

Hmm.. You may find you have performance issues here with a complex price
lookup, especially on a results page with many results and therefore price
lookups.

good luck!

Jonathan
Webmaint.