[ic] Default file in pages subdir

Mon Jul 22 15:45:03 2002

Quoting Ren? Hertell (interchange-users@hertell.com):
> Is there any option in specifying a default file (like DirectoryIndex in
> Apache) for a subdirectory to the pages-dir (catroot/pages/sub_dir)? I don't
> want to use ActionMap, because every time I create a subdir, I have to
> create a new ActionMap in the catalog.cfg and reload the catalog. What
> probably would be an option would be some kind of dynamic ActionMap, but
> that I have to think out in how to create that..

It would be pretty easy to do with an AutoLoad -- you could check
a path for the page name component being a directory and add
the desired name on the end.

An action map would be harder, because in order to create the action
you have to have a path component. So all directories would need
to have the same root like dynamic/subdir/.

We thought about adding that functionality at one time, but decided
the extra overhead was not desirable.
--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown