[ic] missing order recovery?

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 22 15:59:03 2002

At 03:19 PM 07/22/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>Last week, due to an Authorize.Net problem (now solved) we had a group of
>orders which were in fact charged (some multiple times), but since the
>customer never got to the receipt page we do not seem to have any record of
>the order.  Not in tracking.asc, usertrack, nowhere we can find.  There is a
>gap in the order numbers though so they must have been real close to
>completion...
>
>So the phone is ringing "Hey where's my stuff?  Why did you charge me 4
>times?" etc.
>
>Is there -anywhere- these orders might be hanging around?  A dead session
>record somewhere maybe?  Some log I haven't seen yet?
>
>T'anks,
>Glenn.

You may be SOL. Did you check yourcat/orders for the disk image of the
order report (filename eq order number)? If it is not there, you might be
able to recursively grep the session directory (if you are using file-based
sessions) for something that would identify each instance, such as the
missing order number, customer last name etc. Then view any files with
matches and look for the cart array or something else from which you can
glean the order contents. If you have been expiring sessions nightly, this
will probably be fruitless. I take it the customers did not receive email
receipts either...

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax