[ic] Interchange 4.8.3-1 (rpm) - Open link in new window

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 24 14:07:01 2002

Rick Eicher II wrote:

> [...]
Hi Rick,

I wouldn't bother with the JS routine, what I use is (which is from my
flypage):

<script language="javascript">
<!--
[if-item-field stdcatpage]
  document.write('<a href=\"#\"
onClick=\"javascript:window.open(\'__CATALOG_URL_STANDARD__[item-field
stdcatpage]\', \'catalogWindow\',
\'width=600,height=450,toolbar,scrollbars,status,resizable\');\">Click
here for drawing specifications</a>');
[else]
  [if-item-field wirecatpage]
  document.write('<a href=\"#\"
onClick=\"javascript:window.open(\'__CATALOG_URL_WIRELESS__[item-field
wirecatpage]\', \'catalogWindow\',
\'width=600,height=450,toolbar,scrollbars,status,resizable\');\">Click
here for drawing specifications</a>');
  [/if-item-field]
[/else]
[/if-item-field]
//-->
</script>
<noscript>
[if-item-field stdcatpage]
stdcatpage]" target="_blank">Click here for drawing specifications</a>
[else]
  [if-item-field wirecatpage]
wirecatpage]"  target="_blank">Click here for drawing specifications</a>
  [/if-item-field]
[/else]
[/if-item-field]
</noscript>

which allows for a JS control window open and if JS is disable, it will
still work by relying on the HTML page targetting...  The above section
works fine in both NS 7 and IE 6, but I haven't tested withing older...

Regards,

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028