[ic] problem starting Interchange

Soheil Shaghaghi interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 25 17:49:00 2002

Hello everyone,
I am running FreeBSD4.2 and IC 4.8.5
After upgrading to Perl 5.6.1 from 5.6.0, IC stopped working.
Every time I start IC, it gives me an error an error message, and stooped:
The Interchange server was not running
(/usr/local/interchange/etc/interchange.pid).
Sending debug to /tmp/icdebug.
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI....
...UI is loaded...
Interchange V4.8.5
Configuring catalog s_shop...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:s_shop...done.
Configuring catalog shop...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:pm_shop.
done.
Segmentation fault - core dumped

After playing with it I found a solution in the archives that said to
disable the Admin UI, so I set the variable:
Variable   UI   0
in the interchange.cfg

Now, when I try to start IC, one of the shops comes up fine, but I get this
error:
Low traffic settings.
Interchange V4.8.5
Configuring catalog s_shop...Required UserTag table_editor not present.
Aborting catalog.
In line 11 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
Require UserTag   email email_raw var loc table_editor button

s_shop config error: Required UserTag table_editor not present. Aborting
catalog.
In line 11 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
Require UserTag   email email_raw var loc table_editor button

s_shop: error in configuration. Skipping.
s_shop: config error. Skipping.
Configuring catalog shop...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:pm_shop.
done.
Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s) (process id 56452)

So, the next step was to comment out the line in the catalog.cfg of the shop
that was not starting!
I did that, and now IC comes up.

Questions/Problems:

1. Now I don't have access to the admin for any of the shops!
2. What is this line referring to, and why is it giving me problems?
Require UserTag   email email_raw var loc table_editor button

Thanks so much,
Soheil