[ic] Need help/idea with admin and .xls import

Dan Browning interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jul 26 23:17:00 2002

At 07:45 PM 7/26/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I've already tried installing the modules using the MCPAN, but no success
>that way either. Any other ideas why the .xls file aren't working? I also
>tried saving the .xls files as comma-delimited text but that didn't work
>either. Arghh.
>
>Dave LaTourette

Boy do I get sick of pasting this:

<interchange-users guidelines>
-- Contextual quoting is preferred, i.e.

                 Quoting user1 (<user1@somedomain.redhat.com>):
                 > Some limited text that will give context.

                 Your reply.

     versus

                 Your reply, lazily put at the top.

                 Quoting user1 (<user1@somedomain.redhat.com>):
                 > The whole big blob of the previous posts, including
                 > signatures and all

         In fact, the author of the program stops following a thread
         the moment this lazy quoting method is used. He figures that
         if you can't take half a minute of your time to save multiple
         minutes of the readers time, the heck with ya.
</interchange-users guidelines>

Dave,

The Excel file stuff will not work unless the modules are successfully
installed.  To confirm, run this at the command line:

perl -MCPAN -e shell

And then this in the resulting shell (as one line)...

install IO::Scalar OLE::Storage_Lite Parse::RecDescent
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel File::Temp Spreadsheet::WriteExcel

They are listed in order of dependance.  It will not work until you get all
"up to date" as a result.  Hope that helps,

| Dan Browning, Kavod Technologies <db@kavod.com>
Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with
themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
                 -- Susan Ertz