[ic] RE: [query] help ... still

Sun Jul 28 17:53:01 2002

Quoting Actormailings.com info (info@actormailings.com):
> I am not trying to put tablename.fieldname into the return values; I'm
> simply trying to get it to work in the sql.  Putting in a "tablename."
> corrupts the sql.  Even adding "fieldname AS alternate_fieldname" breaks the
> query.  And "Group by" still breaks the query.  I have tested this ONE PIECE
> AT A TIME.  I wouldn't even post it here if none of it were working.  I'd
> continue until I found my mistake.  But as I test each component, the sql
> breaks when any instance of "tablename.", "field AS alternate", or "GROUP
> BY" appears in the sql statement.

Wait one minute.

I don't see you mention which SQL database you are using.  If you
aren't using MySQL, Postres, Oracle, or another it will never work.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".