[ic] RE: [query] help ... still

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jul 28 20:43:01 2002

> Kevin, I tried using your code above EXACTLY.
>
> I get a blank response.  I've tried
>
> [query sql="SELECT sku, quantity, subtotal, order_number FROM orderline
> ORDER BY sku"
>       type=list
>       more=1
>         ml=50]
> [/query]
>

> This works great.
>
> This, however does NOT work:
> [query sql="SELECT orderline.sku as o_sku, quantity, subtotal, order_number
> FROM orderline ORDER BY sku"
>       type=list
>       more=1
>         ml=50]
> ... (of course listing [sql-param o_sku] as one of the return fields.)
> [/query]
>
> I try even the benign:
> [query sql="SELECT sku AS sku, quantity, subtotal, order_number FROM
> orderline ORDER BY sku"
>       type=list
>       more=1
>         ml=50]
> [/query]
>
> I get nothing back.
>
> Even [query sql="SELECT sku, quantity, subtotal, order_number FROM orderline
> GROUP BY sku"
>       type=list
>       more=1
>         ml=50]
> [/query]
> returns a blank result.

I created a test page (test.html) with nothing but your test code,
as follows:

    [query sql="SELECT orderline.sku as o_sku, quantity, subtotal, order_number
    FROM orderline ORDER BY sku"
          type=list
          more=1
            ml=50]
    [list]
        [sql-param o_sku]<br>
    [/list]
    [/query]

I had no problem at all with the query results.

Perhaps some more information is required, such as:

    * Interchange version.
    * Database server name and version.  Please verify that you are
      using an SQL database, rather than something like GDBM, which
      would show the symptoms you described.
    * Operating system version (probably irrelevant, but humour me).
    * Any Interchange error.log messages.
    * Any messages in the database logs that refer to the query,
      such as entries from the error/transaction logs.
    * Anything else in your setup that could be useful.