[ic] Maintain tree navigation with the admin Ui

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 29 17:45:01 2002

Rene Hertell wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Has anyone managed to create a navigation structure with the design-tool of
>the admin UI? I would need to build a tree structure that expands a custom
>sub-section on each page..
>
>This is what I mean: The index page contains the root-structure. Each page
>could contain subpages (or subpages with a 3:d level of subpages..) that is
>shown only if the user is on a sub-page..
>

>index.html
>  Page 1
>  Page 2
>  Page 3
>  Page 4
>
>page1.html:
>  Page 1
>    Sub page 1
>    Sub page 2
>    Sub page 3
>  Page 2
>  Page 3
>  Page 4
>
>page2.html:
>  Page 1
>  Page 2
>    Sub page 1
>    Sub page 2
>    Sub page 3
>  Page 3
>  Page 4
>
>subpage1.html
>  Page 1
>  Page 2
>    Sub page 1
>      SubSub page 1
>      SubSub page 2
>    Sub page 2
>    Sub page 3
>  Page 3
>  Page 4
>

>I think that you got the idea what I'm looking for.. I could explain some
>more, but that could become too complicated :)

This is must like what I needed but it isn't standard with the existing
components.  What I found odd were the similarities between how IC uses
CAT and AREA, so I deviated from the standard approach and modified the
use of AREA to operate as input to customized components for creating a
table feed for the left column selections as well as the body area.  It
wasn't hard to do, but the overall site is still in development and
using GDBM, it is real slow but I am not I/O limited but rather CPU, so
I'm hoping that once pushed over to the product system which is a Dual
P3/933, it'll run better.  If not, I may hve to yield to the earlier
advice about using SQL...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028