[ic] Connection to postgres fails after upgrading older Perl to 5.6.1

Tue Jul 30 17:40:00 2002

Quoting Rene Hertell (interchange-users@hertell.com):
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded Perl to 5.6.1, and after that I cant get IC to connect to
> the postgres server. Everything worked fine before this, but now everything
> seems to be a mess... I get the following error:
>
> table 'tree' failed: DBD::Pg::db table_info failed: ERROR:  No such
> attribute or function 'objsubid' at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 493.
>
> This error is repeated at each table.

It is actually a change in the DBI/DBD::Pg combination.

I have updated it in CVS (both stable and devel) and it will
be in the next release. Until then, you can make the patch
easily. Go to lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm and remove this code, which
never did anything anyway:

	if(! $Info and ($db->can('table_info') and $Info = $db->table_info()) ) {
#::logDebug("$tablename table_info: " . ::uneval($Info->fetchall_arrayref()));
	}

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work
the more luck I have. -- Thomas Jefferson