[ic] Strange PostgresSQL Errors.

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jul 30 17:45:01 2002

Hello all,
         I have a problem that I was hoping I could get some input on.
I have three servers 1 (RH7.2 postgres server) and two Cobalt Raq's (1
Raq4, 1 RaqXTR)

I'm trying to migrate a IC site from the Raq4 (IC 4.8.5, perl5.6.1) to the
RaqXTR (IC 4.8.5, perl5.6.1)

I installed perl 5.6.1 at /usr/local/bin/perl on the XTR, and installed
Bundle::Interchange, DBD::Pg, Spreadsheet::WriteExcel,
SpreadSheet::ParseExcel in Both perl locations on the XTR (perl 5.005_03,
and perl 5.6.1)  and rpm'd in interchange 4.8.5, and foundation rpm.  I
made sure that /usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange is pointing to
/usr/local/bin/perl (5.6.1)

When I migrated the site over (all permissions are the same I
triple/quadruple checked)  I get the following IC error on startup:

interchangeVend::Table::DBI:debug: country connected to
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: gift_certs using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: options using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: cat using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: pricing using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: state using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: merchandising using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: orderline using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: inventory using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: transactions using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: products using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>

dexpress: error in configuration. Skipping.

in the /tmp/icdebug it contains:

Start DEBUG at Tue Jul 30 16:50:48 2002
Start DEBUG at Tue Jul 30 17:01:47 2002
Start DEBUG at Tue Jul 30 17:02:44 2002

in the catalog/error.log it has:

table 'merchandising' failed: DBD::Pg::db table_info failed: ERROR:  No
such attribute or function 'objsubid' at
/usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 493.

repeating for each table that using pgsql.

I can connect manually from the XTR to the DB server fine using
psql diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net -U<user>.  and I wrote a short perl script
that uses the DBI module that seems to connect OK also.

If I disable the catalog from using Postgres, it starts up just fine.

Any one run across similar problems?  Or give me any ideas as to why I'm
getting this error?

Brian Kosick
Web Programmer
New Age Consulting Service, Inc.