[ic] Strange PostgresSQL Errors.

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jul 30 18:10:01 2002

At 05:31 PM 7/30/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>         I have a problem that I was hoping I could get some input on.
>I have three servers 1 (RH7.2 postgres server) and two Cobalt Raq's (1
>Raq4, 1 RaqXTR)
>
>I'm trying to migrate a IC site from the Raq4 (IC 4.8.5, perl5.6.1) to the
>RaqXTR (IC 4.8.5, perl5.6.1)
>
>I installed perl 5.6.1 at /usr/local/bin/perl on the XTR, and installed
>Bundle::Interchange, DBD::Pg, Spreadsheet::WriteExcel,
>SpreadSheet::ParseExcel in Both perl locations on the XTR (perl 5.005_03,
>and perl 5.6.1)  and rpm'd in interchange 4.8.5, and foundation rpm.  I
>made sure that /usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange is pointing to
>/usr/local/bin/perl (5.6.1)
>
>When I migrated the site over (all permissions are the same I
>triple/quadruple checked)  I get the following IC error on startup:
>
>interchangeVend::Table::DBI:debug: country connected to
>dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
>Vend::Table::DBI:debug: gift_certs using cached connection
>dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
>Vend::Table::DBI:debug: options using cached connection
>dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
>Vend::Table::DBI:debug: cat using cached connection
>dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
>Vend::Table::DBI:debug: pricing using cached connection
>dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
>Vend::Table::DBI:debug: state using cached connection
>dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
>Vend::Table::DBI:debug: merchandising using cached connection
>dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
>Vend::Table::DBI:debug: orderline using cached connection
>dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
>Vend::Table::DBI:debug: inventory using cached connection
>dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
>Vend::Table::DBI:debug: transactions using cached connection
>dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
>Vend::Table::DBI:debug: products using cached connection
>dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
>
>dexpress: error in configuration. Skipping.
>
>in the /tmp/icdebug it contains:
>
>Start DEBUG at Tue Jul 30 16:50:48 2002
>Start DEBUG at Tue Jul 30 17:01:47 2002
>Start DEBUG at Tue Jul 30 17:02:44 2002
>
>in the catalog/error.log it has:
>
>table 'merchandising' failed: DBD::Pg::db table_info failed: ERROR:  No
>such attribute or function 'objsubid' at
>/usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 493.
>
>repeating for each table that using pgsql.
>
>I can connect manually from the XTR to the DB server fine using
>psql diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net -U<user>.  and I wrote a short perl
>script that uses the DBI module that seems to connect OK also.
>
>If I disable the catalog from using Postgres, it starts up just fine.
>
>Any one run across similar problems?  Or give me any ideas as to why I'm
> [...]
I get:

Vend::Table::DBI:debug: gift_certs using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: connect count open: 2
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: options using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: connect count open: 3
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: cat using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: connect count open: 4
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: pricing using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: connect count open: 5
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: state using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: connect count open: 6
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: merchandising using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: connect count open: 7
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: orderline using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: connect count open: 8
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: inventory using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: connect count open: 9
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: transactions using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: connect count open: 10
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: products using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=diabeticexpress@db.nacs.net_<user>_<password>
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: connect count open: 11

But No catalog Error.  So I'm assuming that it is now just the regular
debug info.

Thanks Mike!