[ic] Very confusing "makecat" text...

Mark Jaffe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 31 03:32:02 2002

Users,

I am still in the process of getting my first catalog set up due to the
confusion of user/domain/server settings. Right now I am looking at the
output of "makecat" and am confused about the meaning of these paragraphs:

------------------------
Interchange can use either UNIX- or internet-domain sockets.
Most ISPs would prefer UNIX mode, and it is more secure.

If you already have a program there, or use a common program
and the FullURL directive, select NONE. You will then need
to copy the program by hand or otherwise ensure its presence.

(You can use the up/down arrows to toggle).
INET or UNIX mode? UNIX
Do you use CGIWRAP or SUEXEC? n
./configure: ./config.log: Permission denied
Couldn't run configure; probably no C compiler.
        Couldn't find the executable file 'vlink'.

        Please give the complete path to the link program.

Link program? /home/httpd/interchange/src/vlink
--------------------------
Following this the script crapped out when it could not create the
directories for the catalog.

In the above text, in the second paragraph, what is the meaning where it
talks about "a program there" and "copy the program by hand"?? And what
happened in the middle where it spit out "./configure: ./config.log:
Permission denied"??

The server is a PowerMac G3 running YellowDog Linux 2.1 and interchange
4.8.5, the Apache is 1.3.22, main domain is wizdev.net under user httpd, but
I am trying to create a catalog for user alex whose domain is
geminimanor.com. Interchange was installed by root.

Mark
Mark Jaffe          | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard        | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards    | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net  | http://www.wizdev.net/