[ic] What is the best way to Approach This?

Chris Utt interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 31 00:38:01 2002

I'm Preparing to create a new IC Store to sell apparel.

Each Item in our inventory has a Unique Stock Number including unique SKUS
for each color and size. (The Vendor assigns the SKU.)

When Entering products into the database Can I enter each Color and Size as
a Unique SKU and group them by Name so that they dont show up as individual
products?

Or, is the preffered method to choose an arbitrary SKU when entering the
product and then put the actual SKU in the Option Table.  Ie So that a
Leather Bomber Jacket size small is a SKU10 and a Size Medium is a SKU11
etc.

The Second method seems to make it more difficult to track inventory.

Any Input from someone else who has pondered the same and what route they
chose to take would be appreciated. (Seems like this must be a very common
dilema.)

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Chris