[ic] Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000IC and W2K can't display a secure page

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 31 10:49:03 2002

At 04:34 PM 7/31/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>a client reported to me, he is unable to get the checkout page, which is
>secure. He has
>
>Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000IC
>Windows 2000 SP1
>
>He get a "The page cannot be displayed" page. I'm not sure about the right
>message in english.
>
>(The german client get a "Diese Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden." page.)
>
>Any hints, suggestions or helps to find out the cause, why that client is
>not able to get the secure checkout page?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Joachim

Do you have a box running windows? Get a copy of IE, 5.x or 6.x, and try it
yourself. If you get instantaneous 404 errors when in SSL and are using
openSSL, you need to add or enable these lines in http.conf, in the SSL
section:

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
          nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
          downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax