[ic] Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000IC and W2K can't display a secure page

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 31 10:57:02 2002

Ed LaFrance wrote:
> At 04:34 PM 7/31/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> a client reported to me, he is unable to get the checkout page, which
>> is secure. He has
>>
>> Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000IC
>> Windows 2000 SP1
>>
>> He get a "The page cannot be displayed" page. I'm not sure about the
>> right message in english.
>>
>> (The german client get a "Diese Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden."
>> page.)
>>
>> Any hints, suggestions or helps to find out the cause, why that client
>> is not able to get the secure checkout page?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Joachim
>

> Do you have a box running windows? Get a copy of IE, 5.x or 6.x, and try
> it yourself.

Yes! I've Windows 2K and IE 6.0.2600.0000 (not the same as
6.0.2600.000IC) too. No problem. With IX 5.0 in the same windows box, no
problems too.

 > If you get instantaneous 404 errors when in SSL and are
> using openSSL, you need to add or enable these lines in http.conf, in
> the SSL section:
>
> SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
>          nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
>          downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

and I've

BrowserMatch "MSIE" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

It seems to me, IE or WIN 2K of my client is broken! Right?

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]