[ic] question about cross-selling between catalogs

Dennis Chen interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 31 12:38:01 2002

:)  I did search for Mall previously but was abit confusing for me to
follow...too many ideas.  But guess I have to start off fresh and try it
again.

> I'd try a mailing list search with the keyword: Mall
>
> Though personally I'd look at why I was using 4 catalogs.
> Different vendors?

Some catalogs will have different vendors, but probably most will be the
same, but with different pricing due to different contracts but need to
support cross-selling between catalogs.
so basically 1 contract/catalog.  Hmm...wonder if I have extra fields for
prices and key off some value to see which contract customer is buying
from....hmm....think I got something to work off on.
but then....need to exclude search results for other products not in the
catalog...then the menu list has to change too..sigh.....too many things to
keep track of.   I'll probably break it eventually so
having different catalogs would be better.

Thanks though
DC