[ic] question about cross-selling between catalogs

Wed Jul 31 14:27:02 2002

Quoting Dennis Chen (dchen@technicacorp.com):
> :)  I did search for Mall previously but was abit confusing for me to
> follow...too many ideas.  But guess I have to start off fresh and try it
> again.
>

> > I'd try a mailing list search with the keyword: Mall
> >
> > Though personally I'd look at why I was using 4 catalogs.
> > Different vendors?
> >

> Some catalogs will have different vendors, but probably most will be
> the same, but with different pricing due to different contracts but
> need to support cross-selling between catalogs. so basically 1
> contract/catalog. Hmm...wonder if I have extra fields for prices and
> key off some value to see which contract customer is buying
> from....hmm....think I got something to work off on. but then....need
> to exclude search results for other products not in the catalog...then
> the menu list has to change too..sigh.....too many things to keep
> track of. I'll probably break it eventually so having different
> catalogs would be better.

Look into SubCatalog. But unless you are pretty good at this stuff,
you may need to get a competent consultant involved.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman