[ic] question about cross-selling between catalogs

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 31 14:56:03 2002

Mike Heins <mike@perusion.com> writes:

> Quoting Dennis Chen (dchen@technicacorp.com):
> > :)  I did search for Mall previously but was abit confusing for me to
> > follow...too many ideas.  But guess I have to start off fresh and try it
> > again.
> >

> > > I'd try a mailing list search with the keyword: Mall
> > >
> > > Though personally I'd look at why I was using 4 catalogs.
> > > Different vendors?
> > >

> > Some catalogs will have different vendors, but probably most will be
> > the same, but with different pricing due to different contracts but
> > need to support cross-selling between catalogs. so basically 1
> > contract/catalog. Hmm...wonder if I have extra fields for prices and
> > key off some value to see which contract customer is buying
> > from....hmm....think I got something to work off on. but then....need
> > to exclude search results for other products not in the catalog...then
> > the menu list has to change too..sigh.....too many things to keep
> > track of. I'll probably break it eventually so having different
> > catalogs would be better.
> >

> Look into SubCatalog. But unless you are pretty good at this stuff,
> you may need to get a competent consultant involved.

Pulling the different parameters for the "catalogs" from a database
is IMHO more convenient and more efficient for a large number of
"catalogs".

Ciao
        Racke

--
Prolific Interchange Consulting (Excellent German Quality !).
Take a look at Materialboerse (http://www.materialboerse.de/), WITT