[ic] Default file in pages subdir

Rene Hertell interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 31 17:11:04 2002

> > Is there any option in specifying a default file (like DirectoryIndex in
> > Apache) for a subdirectory to the pages-dir
> (catroot/pages/sub_dir)? I don't
> > want to use ActionMap, because every time I create a subdir, I have to
> > create a new ActionMap in the catalog.cfg and reload the catalog. What
> > probably would be an option would be some kind of dynamic ActionMap, but
> > that I have to think out in how to create that..
>
> It would be pretty easy to do with an AutoLoad -- you could check
> a path for the page name component being a directory and add
> the desired name on the end.
>
> An action map would be harder, because in order to create the action
> you have to have a path component. So all directories would need
> to have the same root like dynamic/subdir/.
>
> We thought about adding that functionality at one time, but decided
> the extra overhead was not desirable.
> --
> Mike Heins

I have tried to read the mail-archives and look in the docs regarding
AutoLoad, but I can't understand how this action works.

Should it be defined in the page-template, or in the catalog.cfg? And how
should I define the AutoLoad to catch from the URL a empty subdir
(cgi-bin/cart.cgi/subdir), and display the index.html
(cgi-bin/cart.cgi/subdir/index.html) page in that directory automagically?

Rene