[ic] Cookies not persistent

G Guttero interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Jun 2 01:37:01 2002

>>Hi, for some reason my cookies aren't persistent.  I have set an >>expire
>>in the proper format in the set-cookie tag, and they are read properly
>>"Cookies" in >>the catalog.cfg which should then default to "Yes".  This
>>is on 4.8.3.  >>I've scoured the manuals.  What am I missing?  Thank you!
>>
>I assume that you have set your browser preferences to allow persistent
>cookies.  I ignore persistent cookies in my browser settings.
>
>You could set your browser to show you the contents of the cookies it
>receives, which will verify whether or not Interchange is sending you
>cookies, and may help you to track down the problem.
>
>Other than the above, if you show your [set-cookie] code, people may be
>able to let you know where you're going wrong.

Ok, I checked and my browser is set to accept persistent cookies.  Here is
the code that sets and reads the cookies:

[set-cookie name=loginu value="[value mv_username]" expire="Mon, 03-Jun-2005
12:00:00 GMT"][set-cookie name=loginp value="[value mv_password]"
expire="Mon, 03-Jun-2005 12:00:00 GMT"]

[set name=autologin interpolate=1][read-cookie loginu][/set]
[if scratch autologin ne ]
[/if]

This code works perfectly to set and read the cookie until the browser is
closed and reopened.  No cookie is read then and [read-cookie loginu]
returns nothing.  I've been over and over this and I can't figure it out.
Thanks!

- Grant

P.S. That expiration date is only temporary.