[ic] Session Dropping in High and Low Traffic modes

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jun 4 18:42:01 2002

4.8.5
RedHat 7.2

Hello,

I have been having a problem with session dropping totally randomly when my
catalog is in either High or Low Traffic modes.  When I put it in RPC mode
the session problem goes away, but then I am getting Signio errors (I would
imagine I could fix this).

I have scoured the mailing lists and documentation and it looks like most
session problems result from bouncing back and forth from SSL.  The problem
I am having occurs without ever entering SSL.

I have echoed out [data session id] throughout the outer templates
(LEFTRIGHT_TOP, etc.), and the correct Session ID always appears on the
actual pages so I am not sure where session is being changed.

The problem is also not caused by missing hidden session id form elements
as session gets changed by clicking on regular links (all using the [area]
tag) so I am at a total loss.

Has anybody else experienced a problem like this?

Any help is as always much appreciated!

- Michael