[ic] sql inner join problems

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jun 5 19:14:01 2002

> Hi, I am trying to run a simple sql query that does an inner join for two
> tables.
>
> Example: [query sql="select merchandising.sku, products.description from
> products inner join merchandising on products.sku=merchandising.sku"
> type=html]
>
> How ever I can't seem to get it to work.  I've read through the docs, and
> mailing list to no avail, so I'm sorry if this question is lame, but all I've
> got is brain farts.
>
> Background info:  I am using the foundation template with this just so you
> know the table layout.  The Interchange version is 4.8.3.

Try this instead:

    [query type="html" sql=|
        SELECT  m.sku, p.description
        FROM    products p, merchandising m
        WHERE   p.sku = m.sku
    ]][/query]

If you still have trouble then please specify which database system
you are using, what error messages you get etc.

As a general rule of thumb, if a query fails when using an SQL
command-line tool then it will fail in Interchange.